1 - Preparing the sub-base to receive a Gyvlon® Screed product
- Gyvlon® Screed products should only be laid on a suitable, well prepared substrate
- Screed can be laid either bonded to the substrate or over a separating polythene layer. The separation layer, can be thermal or acoustic insulation. Underfloor heating is recommended with a minimum of 25mm insulation and pipe tubs to be clipped down.
- Edge strips are recommended around perimeters, hard standings or pipes and joints placed where appropriate.
- Screed height can be established by laser level from a datum and tripods across the floor
2 - Pouring
- Delivery and quality control of the screed
- Pouring the screed
Very fast, easy to install and delivered ready-mixed. Both labour and time are removed, compared with traditional screeds, with no waste on site.
3 - Screed surface finish
- Surface finish by dappling.
- The screed surface is simply dappled and left to set. The screed is then accessible from 24 hours of pouring.
- Once clean and dry, Gyvlon® Screed is the ideal levelling medium for the floor finish, allowing all surface finishes. Gyvlon® Screed ensures the highest quality and sustainability and delivers in terms of: thermal comfort, time, and of course price.
- It is recommended the screed is sanded as part of the final floor finish preparation.